Millions of entrepreneurs are taking their business to online markets. Whether you already have a physical shop or want to start a startup, you can always benefit from the online presence.
As online selling becomes more popular, business companies try their everything to make their e-commerce user experience top-notch.
The most important thing for an online business is to keep the website functioning and speedy to attract customers. Today’s internet users are impatient. Even small-time delays can have a big impact on the user experience. A three-second delay can drop the users by 40 percent.
If you plan to grow your e-commerce business, don’t let that happen. We are spotting some terrific plugins that doesn’t only speed up your website but also boosts your site’s search ranking position and sales.
Your WordPress database stores every page, post, comment and even the revision you make. Whenever someone wants to read one of your posts, they have to retrieve it from this database.
Every revision or little change takes space from the database, it will start to get blogged with more and more use. The site will not perform like before. It will get slower.
One of the best solutions to this problem is to install WP-Optimize plugins. It helps to clean up your database in several ways-
- The plugin allows you to easily remove excess revisions from your posts that are no longer needed.
- Instead of just storing unwanted content as trash, it simplifies the process of deleting it.
- Spam comments can be quickly removed from queues, which can be difficult to remove manually.
- You can find out the size of your current database and how much space can be saved by optimizing it.
Most e-commerce websites are full of images. They take a lot of space and can easily make your website slow.
If your e-commerce website demands lots of photos, you need to consider installing an image resize plugin.
In that case, Smush is a very effective image resize plugin. Developed by WPMU DEV, this plugin can help you with-
- Lossless Compression – Reduce image file sizes without sacrificing image quality.
- When large images are compressed, they scale down according to the maximum width and height set.
- Detect images that are slowing down your site due to their incorrect size.
- Using Directory Smush, you can optimize images located outside the media library.
- Smush will process PNG, JPEG, and GIF files to produce the best results.
- Bulk Smush – Compress & optimize up to 50 images at once.
A caching plugin is the quickest solution for speeding up a slow website. The W3 Total Cache plugin should be the best choice if you are looking for a caching plugin to improve your load time.
This top-rated plugin is a must for all webmasters. Here’s why you should install it to-
- Provides at least a 10x improvement in site performance once configured.
- Compatible with most shared hosting and VPS hosting plans.
- Simple installation and configuration.
- No matter how your users access your WordPress website, W3 Total Cache will speed it up.
- Mobile users will enjoy the same lightning-fast speed as desktop users.
- By storing a static version of your website on the server, it reduces a lot of repetitive work.
Lazy loading is an optimization technique that loads the visible content but postpones the rendering of the content that goes below the fold. This is generally used for off-screen images or videos that are not loaded until needed.
It avoids downloading unnecessary resources or executing codes and thus optimizes page speed and improves the end-user experience.
For a simple WordPress lazy load option with good performance, a lazy load is an excellent option. The plugin has been installed on over 10,000 devices and has a rating of 4 out of 5.
Active on more than +1 million websites, the hummingbird is one of the best plugins to make your e-commerce website faster.
With hummingbird, you can enhance Google PageSpeed Insights by tweaking file compression settings to increase performance.
A poorly optimized and slow website can’t attract visitors. We can help your WordPress e-commerce site run faster for growing shop-at-home markets.
Contact us to optimize your website with the plugins, features, and settings to ensure speedy page loading and a good SERP ranking.